ECO is a Presbyterian denomination that exists to serve the local church. We invite followers of Jesus who share a Reformed, Presbyterian heritage to reclaim a sense of covenanted biblical community. The name ECO is not an acronym. It reinforces our passion for strengthening the ecosystems of local churches. We believe the Church is a living organism that needs life-giving resources to help it grow, thrive, and multiply. ECO’s name also draws from the Greek term oikos, meaning “household,” used in the Bible to reference the network of relationships that nurture an individual.
The Commitments Behind Our Name
- Connecting leaders in accountable relationships
- Encouraging collaboration
- Ministering out of God’s unrelenting grace and covenant with His people
- Committing to a shared way of life
- Uniting around a shared theological core
- Nurturing gospel-centered leaders
- Advancing the gospel of Jesus Christ
- Planting new missional communities
- Serving our communities and God’s world in Jesus’ name
- Standing within our Reformed and confessional heritage
- Affirming the life of the mind
- Embracing the value of representative government
ECO is committed to cultivating a healthy, diverse, resource-rich ecosystem where pastors and congregations can flourish. Just as earthly ecosystems draw richness from the right kind of diversity, ECO is committed to unleashing the ministry gifts of women, men, young leaders, and every ethnicity.